How To Maintain Ceramic Coating
| Jeff McEachran
Is there anything like seeing your vehicle for the first time after a professional ceramic coating installation? The way the light dances on the mirror finish of the bodywork is, well, it’s poetry in motion. The long-lasting protection that ceramic coating provides is well worth the cost. Knowing how to maintain ceramic coating can ensure a longer lifespan for your vehicle.
Unless you adopt a strict maintenance schedule, that breathtaking sheen will fade in a matter of months. Fortunately, here at Gyeon Quartz, we have the two products you need to invigorate and galvanize that shiny layer of glass, ensuring that your pride and joy’s paintwork pops for years to come.
In this article, we’re going to be giving you the lowdown on these products and taking you through a step-by-step application guide, so you know exactly how to maintain ceramic coatings once installed.
Last Touch: Maintaining Ceramic Coated Car
After the final rinse of our coated car, we are ready to give it the last touch. For that we have two products:
Q2M Cure can be applied to both wet and dry surfaces, so no need to wait if there’s still some beading from your final rinse. If you’re ready to revive your ceramic, feel free to get right to it.
Bear in mind that Gyeon Cure is a highly concentrated serum, so if you do decide to wait for your ride to dry off, it’s best to spray it on a microfiber cloth before application, as direct-to-panel spraying may cause streaking.
And while we’re on the topic of cloths, you can use any high-quality, soft, short-nap fabric, but if you really want to optimize Cure’s potential, we recommend using our Q2M SilkDryer for the initial application, and something like our SoftWipe for buffing after the fact. You may need a couple of each, as it’s important you don’t use the same sections of fabric for your whole vehicle.
Stage One Gyeon Q2M Cure — The Application Process
Step 1: Wash Your Vehicle
The first step is to properly wash your vehicle. Gyeon Cure adds another protective layer on top of your ceramic coating, so it’s critical that you get rid of as much dirt and grime as possible before starting the application process.
Make sure you’re using coating-kind fabrics during the wash, and don’t forget to give your ride a thorough rinse before moving on, as residual soap particles will get in Cure’s way.
If you still have some moisture on the paintwork, you can use a few spritzes directly on a wet panel. Make sure to flip microfiber towel to give it the final buff.
- Give your first panel a spritz with Q2M Cure (two sprays is more than enough).
- Take either your SilkDryer, SoftWipe, or microfiber cloth, and spread the sealant over the whole panel.
- Grab a new cloth, or flip your current cloth over, then buff the treated panel to a glorious shine.
- Proceed panel to panel until your entire vehicle has a pristine mirror finish.
When using Gyeon Cure dry, it is really important not to overuse the product. Taking a Q2M microfiber PolishWipe, use a few spritzes to execute on an entire dry panel. Cure is really important in the aftercare of your coating so we advise you to use it once every two to three months.
- Dilute Cure on a 1:1 ratio with demineralized water (diluting makes it last longer and helps to prevent streaking).
- Spray the cloth of your choosing two to three times with Q2M Cure.
- Use the cloth to spread Cure across an entire panel.
- Much like we did with the wet application, we’re going to use a fresh section of cloth for one final buffing session, and voilà — factory finish in seconds!
- Move from panel to panel until your vehicle shines like a diamond.
How Often Should I Use Q2M Cure for Ceramic Coating Maintenance?
Using Gyeon Cure once every 2–3 months will add years to your ceramic coating. It will strengthen the protective layer, boost the shine, and minimize the environmental fallout of UV rays, dirt, and debris.
If that sounds as good to you as it does to us, you can purchase Gyeon Quartz Q2M Cure directly from our website: Gyeon Quartz USA.
Gyeon Q2M QuickDetailer — Ceramic Supplement Perfection
Being that you’re only going to be using Cure every 2–3 months, you’ll need something to keep your ceramic coating topped up between applications, and Gyeon Q2M QuickDetailer is a shoo-in for the job!
Gyeon Quartz QuickDetailer is an incredibly easy-to-use detailing spray that obliterates haze, watermarks, streaks, and spots in seconds, leaving your vehicle looking sleek, slick, and oh so shiny.
Much like Cure, QuickDetailer can be applied to both wet and dry surfaces. In fact, when used on wet panels, it acts as a drying aid, so if you’re looking to shed residual wash water quickly, QuickDetailer is a must.
Stage Two Gyeon Q2M QuickDetailer — The Application Process
Wash Your Vehicle
Before you apply any of our miracle detailer tonic to your vehicle, give it a good wash to remove any dirt and grime that may have built up since your last cleaning session. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with fresh water to clear away any lingering soap.
- Once you’re sure your vehicle is squeaky clean, give the first panel a spritz with QuickDetailer. Unlike Cure, you can use as much of this product as you want, but a little does go a long way.
- Use your microfiber cloth to spread the detailer across the entire panel.
- Flip the cloth over or grab a fresh one (whichever you prefer), give the panel one last buff, then move on to the next — it’s as simple as that!
- While your vehicle is still wet from the wash, spray some QuickDetailer directly on the panel.
- Use your microfiber cloth to wipe the panel down to a slick finish.
Q2M QuickDetailer for Maintaining Ceramic Coating
We designed Q2M Quick Detailer to be used after every single wash, so there’s really no limit on how often it can be used; however, we recommend application at least once every week or so to truly fortify your ceramic coating.
So, does an enduring shine sound good to you? If the answer is yes, why not pick up some Gyeon Quartz QuickDetailer today? The sooner you act, the longer you’ll be able to sustain that super-glossy ceramic coating.
Protecting Your Ceramic Coating: Car Blow Dryer
These two products can be the difference between that ceramic sheen wearing off before you even really have a chance to enjoy it, and it lasting for years. Additionally, investing in a car blow dryer can help keep a ceramic coat from scratches due to debris left behind when detailing a car. Blo car dryers provide professional level detailing for additional protection against damage to exterior ceramic coatings.
If you’d like a visual guide on the Cure application process, get the lowdown from the Detailing Guru himself, Yves Heylen, in this instructional video on maintaining your coated car.
And with this guide all wrapped up, all that’s left to say is thank you for your time, and enjoy your shine! Ciao.